The long-awaited lineup for Tyler, the Creator’s music festival and carnival in Los Angeles has finally been unveiled in a unique way. The list, featuring headliners Tyler, SZA, and the Hillbillies (presumably Kendrick Lamar and Baby Keem), was revealed through a painted mural on the side of the rapper’s Golf store in Fairfax.
The festival’s official website live-streamed the painting process, attracting over 7,000 viewers who watched a crew of painters meticulously paint each individual name in real-time over a two-hour period. Alongside the headliners, the lineup includes first-timers such as Ice Spice, d4vd, PinkPantheress, and Fuerza Regida, as well as veterans like Kali Uchis, Turnstile, and Rex Orange County. Rappers AG Club, Teezo Touchdown, Maxo, and Lil Yachty will also make appearances.
The highly-anticipated festival will take place on November 11-12 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. This news comes after Tyler’s cameo in Baby Keem and Lamar’s music video for their single “The Hillbillies,” where he proudly displayed a “Camp Flog Gnaw 2023” pin button, teasing the festival’s return.
Due to the pandemic and Tyler’s busy touring schedule, the Flog Gnaw festival has been on hiatus since 2020. The 2019 lineup included notable performances from Solange, YG, FKA twigs, Juice WRLD, Brockhampton, H.E.R., Daniel Caesar, and a surprise guest appearance by Drake, who was infamously booed offstage by a crowd anticipating Frank Ocean.
Since the last Carnival, Tyler has won two Grammy Awards in the Best Rap Album category for “Igor” in 2020 and “Call Me If You Get Lost” in 2022. The festival’s previous edition took place on November 9-10, relocating from Exposition Park to Dodger Stadium. Past lineups have featured artists like Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Lana Del Rey, SZA, and the late Mac Miller.
The festival, originally known as the OFWGKTA Carnival, was first launched in 2012 with Odd Future and Lil Wayne performing at Club Nokia in LA. It was organized by Goldenvoice, the same production company responsible for renowned music festivals like Coachella.
Key Take Away:
- Tyler, the Creator’s Los Angeles music festival and carnival lineup has been revealed through a painted mural on the side of the rapper’s Golf store in Fairfax.
- The festival will feature headliners Tyler, SZA, and the Hillbillies (presumably Kendrick Lamar and Baby Keem).
- First-time performers like Ice Spice, d4vd, PinkPantheress, and Fuerza Regida will join veteran artists such as Kali Uchis, Turnstile, and Rex Orange County.
- The festival will take place on November 11-12 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.
- The festival was on hiatus since 2020 due to the pandemic and Tyler’s touring commitments.
- Past editions of the festival have included performances by notable artists like Solange, YG, FKA twigs, Juice WRLD, Brockhampton, H.E.R., Daniel Caesar, and surprise guest Drake.
- Tyler, the Creator has become a two-time Grammy winner since the last festival.